Our new VLE (Canvas) is now live:
- Click here to access, log in using your college email address & password
- Martin Peoples Stream Screencasts on getting started with Canvas here
- For further tutorials and guides please see links below (login with college credentials)
- For TEL Training Materials please Click here
There will be a number of training sessions over the next few months- all which will be booked using the staff development tool. If you you would like more information or would like to trial Canvas for a class please get in touch with Martin Peoples or Vincent Doherty.
If you would like your iLearn/Moodle course moved to Canvas please email Vincent Doherty with the link to your iLearn course.
Accessbility on Canvas (Blackboard Ally)
Lecturer – Improve the accessibility of your course content.
Blackboard Ally works seamlessly with your Learning Management System (LMS)to gauge the accessibility of your content. Ally provides guidance and tips for lasting improvements to your content accessibility.
- Receive feedback on the accessibility of your content
- Improve content accessibility with Ally’s step-by-step instructions
In addition to providing you with insight to your content accessibility, Ally automatically creates alternative versions of your files. This allows students to choose the type of file they want that best suits their needs. While you’re in the process of improving files, students still access alternative copies.
Student – Learn your own way with Blackboard Ally.
Ally creates alternative files that are easier to use by all students. Ally works within your online course so it’s available right where you need it.